Re: [at-l] Lewis & Clark -- Calorie Burn

>tribal women (at the invitation of the tribal men)?  Methinks there
>might be
>more to this high calorie burn than just hiking...

Oh, I never said they just hiked, just that, like another group of people
we all know who burn a lot of calories, the calories they consumed were
low in fat. So, they were always hungry. Sound familiar? :)

Beside sex, they also drilled, drilled, drilled..did some repairs,,etc.
They did much high burning caloric activity (one of which is sadly not in
abundance on the AT! ..and I ain't talking about repairing equipment! :P
)