Re: [at-l] a tea question

Give Me Chocolate wrote about tea bags & wut to do wid 'em. I drink coffee,
but in those little (expensive) coffee bags when on the trail. I have
always squashed 'em up & stuck 'em in a little baggie and packed the
disgusting mess home. But - coffee grounds are one of the best things to
add to a compost pile. If they were carried down the trail a mile or two
from a shelter, and buried in leaf duff away from the trial, grounds (just
grounds, not bags) would seem ok to me. No worse than a dump in the woods,
I reckon.
Somebody asked about a tea ball. Have had several over the years, never on
the trail though. A ball shaped gizmo with holes, made out of stainless
steel or aluminum with a screw on/off lid. Chain attached to the lid. Tea
inside, dunk in the water, & voila. Usually get a few little snerdlies
floating around but no worse than real tea at the bottom of yer Russian
grandma's tea pot. Campmor and others (seen 'em in a grocery store too)
sell a cute little plastic thing goes on top of your cup for coffee - sort
of coneshaped with screw in basket below for grounds - pur water through
into cup. I have one, haven't used on trail, am considering if I can work
up the moral gumption to figure out what to do with the grounds and do more
analysis on weight stuff.

I've always been struck by that word analysis. That first part, anal,
always seemed so - significant. Is this one of Felix's "words for the day?"
But I digress.
Fearless Phil