Re: [at-l] Esbit Stove/Polar Pure

>than I thought it would be. Can someone tell me why people think it is
>better than the iodine tablets? Thanks in advance KC aka War Eagle

Polar Pure is good for 2000 quarts at only $10 a bottle.
Iodine Tabs are good for 50 qts at (I forget for how much a bottle)

Polar Pure is not as strong tasting....

Polar Pure weighs in at 3 oz for its 2000 qt capility..

Iodine tabs start to loose effectiveness after a bottle is cracked open
(which is not a problem on a thru-hike).

 I carried Polar Pure mainly because it was less bulky than a filter and
weighed less. (And does not clog up as well!)

And it has more bang for a buck than iodine. If I were to use a filter
again, (unlikely!!!) -I would opt to use tabs as a back up.  But  Polar
Pure is my main water treatment, and I have used the same bottle for over
a year now..