RE: [at-l] Gear Question;BackPack

Campmor has the Lowe Contour IV on sale for around $150.00. The pack is
completely adjustable in one inch increments so it will grow with him for a
LONG time. If his waist size is less than about 30 inches, look at the
women's version of the pack, same adjustability, with a smaller belt and
slightly smaller capacity. The Contour IV holds about 5500 ci expanded,
which if we are talking 12 days with no resupply, will easily put him up to
55 pounds. I have carried this pack for four days with between 45 and fifty
five pounds and found it very comfortable. This is an older model with only
two water bottle pockets and a flap pocket. I would advise buying extra
pockets at the same time as you buy the pack. That should put you up to
around $200.

I posted a complete review to this list check the archives for more info.

Lee I Joe