[at-l] A Nifty Gifty

Ok..this is not trail related but if you have someone who is
hard to buy for, this might work.  I received an early present.......
one of those singing bird clocks.  I'd seen them on the tube and in
stores
and thought them hokey as hell.

I have never had a clock in the house (other than the &%^#%^*
alarmclock)
and don't wear a watch.  If I need to find the time, I check my
computer.  I
find clocks an intrusion.....ok...I'm weird.
But this clock sounds the hours with tufted titmouses and sparrows.
Midnight/noon is a hoo hoo hoo hoot.  Geese honk, peckers peck...
sparrows and orioles and cardinals....they all
sing in my kitchen.  My favs are six and eight o'clock..glorious!
The clock itself is pretty ugly....the most plastic looking wood grain
I've ever seen. (I think I receivedt the cheapest model)
and after a decent intervale I_will_paint it green.  But I know that
before too
long I'll be thinking about time as a quarter to wren or half past
kingfisher.
I just love it....now if they only made a watch that would do
BTW...I understand there are several manufacturers....I have the one
that
is blessed by the Audoban society with the owl at 12o'clock.