Re: [at-l] And now, a scenic break..........

In a message dated 11/23/98 4:23:48 PM, tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us wrote:

<<Trail views are earned, not given. You've proven your commitment
     through sweat and tired hamstrings, and the sight is sweeter for the
     effort. Yes, you can enjoy some great panoramas from your car window.
     But they don't _belong_ to you.>>

YES!!!! This is something I learned from our last trip. I was looking at the
pictures, soaking in again the wonder of the mountains. But I have other such,
much prettier, better leaf color, more panoramic, but they were taken from
overlooks or a short trail at a rest stop.

I mentioned to my husband --who agreed-- that it really did make a difference
that these are views we climbed to, that we saw because we made an effort.
They have meaning and beauty in a whole different way than the views from the
side of the road.
Vcat

(aka Sally)