[at-l] Snowshoes was posts

Tom Caggiano wrote:

> I found the Tubbs terrific when in open snow areas and for
> "climbing up steep slopes" but limiting if hiking a trail.  The MSR seemed to
> get around this by having a small section one could use on beaten trails but
> added the extension when off-trail.

I noticed this too.  Where I hope to use these there are sections where you must
share with X skiers and I want them so i don't post hole the trail.  Other places
will be virgin and some places well trod. Plus you might be using them on fresh
snow or  on crusted snow that's rotten underneath.  Very confusing
this snowshoe stuff.
Any thoughts on the REI snowshoes with the snap on sections that let you adjust to

your needed level of float?  They're not featured on the website but are in the
latest cat  I received.  Or should I just go for the maximum amount of float
and learn to live with the awkward gait?    Signed...thinking there is not going
to be much snow here in PA. anyway so why bother <g>       k./\