Subject: Re: [at-l] Parking on USFS 42 at Springer
Author:  Bill Thorneloe <thornel@ibm.net> at ima
Date:    10/29/98 4:06 PM

I believe that it is legal certainly, for an overnight hike. The question is
how safe. It is probably safer than to leave the car overnight near Neels Gap
at a very busy and accessible highway. If the weather gets bad, it may be more
difficult to get a car out of there. I would be careful to avoid leaving
attractive items visible in the car, such as super radios, CD players, extra
camping equipment, etc. You might prefer to park the Yugo rather than your
Lexus.

At 01:16 PM 10/29/1998 -0600, Gary Buffington wrote:

> Is it legal and safe to leave a vehicle at this parking spot for an overnight
> hike?

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA