[at-l] New boots and Victoria's Secret

An actual hiking message. How novel. Somehow I must have failed to send
this message earlier in the week. So spank me.

Bought some new low hiking boots last weekend at Galyan's brand new
store when I was in Indy. Salamon Exit II Lows. Nice store. I also
looked at the Merrill M2 series but Galyans didn't have them in low
(only had them in Mid-height). I'm attempting to reduce foot weight from
my normal One Sport (Montrail) Moraines. My pack weight is slowly
getting toward 30 lbs.

Took the new boots out on a 12 mile hike Tuesday. The Salamon Exit II
Lows seem to be cut just a touch on the small size. I did stay with my
normal 10.5 boot size and they are fine with a single layer of socks. My
normal Wigwam liner and Smartwool sock combination is too thick for the
left boot (okay for the right one though). So I think I'll see what I
can do to find a thinner sock to wear with these new boots until the
boots expand a little. A size 11 boot would have been too big.

Also bought some of those teeny tiny bottles of Purell hand sanitizer
(outrageously priced but they're refillable). I put my new boots on,
lost my balance and stepped on one of the new Purell little bottles.
Squirted Purell all over the carpet. Excellent. Just what I was
intending...

Slyman mentioned someplace a while back about Victoria's Secret being a
good outdoor store. Since I was headed to Circle Center in downtown Indy
anyhow I took a look at the new "Miracle Pack" in the Victoria's Secret
store. Wow! Those load leveler straps are cinched down way, way too
tight ladies! Forget the sternum strap too...how can you breath in and
out? An integral design they call it. Somehow defies gravity with
positrons, quarks and anti-matter I was told. After I put my eyeballs
back in I looked around -- not much in the way of boots there. Except
the furry high heeled ones that Solar Bear wears. Plenty of those.

Datto