Re: [at-l] Introduction

JannaPet@aol.com wrote:

> Hiyall;
> A guy told me to check out this list because the
> people here had a sense of humor andprobably forgot
>  more about backpacking the AT than he could ever
> learn.  I'm hoping you haven't forgot it all cause I
> might have a few questions. For instance, is there
> some sort of super database where i could find the
> lightest semi-rec synthetic 20 degree back?
> Or are ya'll the database <g>    JP

Janna -
Welcome to the zoo.  It's a hiker-friendly place whether you're a
thruhiker, day hiker --- or any other kind.

For your question - probably the best "database" is the Gear issue of
Backpacker magazine, although we use the Campmor catalog a lot.  But you
can probably wring an opinion or two out of this crowd.

Anyway - hang around for a while and you'll figure out just how crazy we
really are.

Walk softly,
Jim