Re: [at-l] Giardia's dirty little secret.

All's I know about this subject is...

I see cows standing in the creeks here in the  Western NC moutains, hog
sheds perched precariously over the creeks, etc. When I am hiking I do not
always know where the water has been. Granted, often you can be pretty sure
it is a good spring. However, sometimes you think you are at the source of
a spring and you are not. It has chosen to run underground for 50 ft. and
resurface thereby looking like you are at the source. Perhaps you have a
dead mouse laying in the spring back up 50 ft. from where that spring has
resurfaced.

An added note...I drink spring water every single day from the mountain
behind my house and I have not been sick in ages.

 The Highlander

Misers are no fun to live with, but they make great ancestors.