Re: [at-l] Giardia's dirty little secret.

At 02:18 PM 10/22/1998 -0400, Jeremy Reiter wrote:
>Ern wrote:
>> They say... once you get it (Giardia), you won't hesitate to
>> use a filter at all sources.  I don't think it's worth the
>> risk to be stupid once.
>
>I don't usually speak up on the filter threads, but i feel compelled to say
>something here. I can take being called a lot of things, but stupid isn't one
>of them. While i'm sure you didn't mean for the last line to be taken in an
>insulting manner, i....

Excuse me, but we are a bunch of folks (and wannabes) who think that it is a
great idea to start walking 2000 miles over 6 months of our lives in rugged
terrain with little scenery, bad weather, and cell phones poked under our
noses!

It is incredible _not_ to consider ourselves at least a little stupid. We just
have our own little areas of specialty in our stupidity.

Myself, I plan to demonstrate my stupidity with my Pur Hiker beginning in a few
hours up near Standing Indian. I will wash my hands as well as possible, keep
my hoses as clean as possible, and keep my hands away from my mouth and nose as
much as possible. I hope there is frost tonight, and a few leaves changing.

Plus, I hope to stupid more than just once.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA