[at-l] The Hero of the Gathering

Many inspiring things to discuss in another post, but can't wait until then to
let the list know the real hero of this Gathering.  You're thinking Earl
Shaffer -- good guess, but wrong!  Walking Jim Stolz for his wonderful concert
-- nope.  Twilight for the highlight of Friday night,  her inspiring song.
Maybe another year.  Gene Espy and Chester Dziengielewski, the 2nd and 3rd
thruhikers who brought the house down when they came up onstage --no, but nice
try.

No, the true hero of the Gathering wasn't even there.  It's our own Wild Bill,
who by botching the weather forecast so bad caused me to WAY underprepare for
the cold.  Being a Floridian, temps in the 30's are like 30 below to the rest
of you.  Now, you're asking yourself, how does this make Wild Bill a hero?

Well, the answer is quite simple really.  The hiker babes felt so sorry for me
in my shorts and teeshirt -- and occasionally tutu -- that they took turns all
weekend long keeping me warm and free from hypothermia.  What a first aid
lesson!!!!   Good work, Wild Bill.  I owe you big time!  :)

And,  great work, hiker babes!  Your first aid skills are beyond compare,
especially that vixen, KC!   :)

Happy trails,

Solar Bear