[at-l] Re: Tyvek

It might have been me that Debbie bought the Tyvek from - I've
been experimenting with it steadily for 10 months now, and have 3
prototype tent designs made of Tyvek out on the AT right now.
Anyone interested in it, or in procuring some of it, can email me
(or meet me at the Gathering and see a 2 lb tent designed for AT
thruhiking that costs less than an arm and a leg <g> - sorry for
the shameless plug, I digress :-) and I'll be glad to set you up
with some. Tyvek is neat stuff, the lightest type that I have
weighs 2 oz per sq yd, and I color and waterproof it (with a UV
inhibiting waterproofer). It is not the *be all and end all* of
outdoor fabrics, but it has its' good points. The types I have
are different from what Kay (Quest Outfitters - I recommended
Tyvek to her as something she could sell) has, in that she
markets the cloth-style Tyvek, whereas I have/use the
paper-style. As I said, contact me for more info if you are
interested in it -

Kurt