Subject: [at-l] Trip Report
Author:  "Charles W. Davidson" <wb4pan@mindspring.com> at ima
Date:    10/1/98 7:08 PM

Hi Gang,

The climb down the north side of Moosilauke is something to see. Very
steep rock for a couple of miles. often pockets had been dynamited into
the rock for you to steep in. Lots of  wooden steeps were attached to
the rock face. I descended next to Beaver Brook all the way to Kinsman
Notch.

        The walk to Kinsman Shelter was the hardest I have ever done. It took
me 7 1/2 hours to do this 10 miles. I had to crawl a couple of times.
The trail went straight up was very rocky with big rocks so it took big
steeps to go up them. Kinsman Pond was very nice in the star light that
night. The walk out by Lonesome Lake Hut was a lot easier. Lonesome lake
was very pretty, with great reflections of the surrounding mountains.

 Only 96 miles to Maine! I think I will plan on two weeks for the next
100 miles cause they say the Whites are much harder than anything I have
seen from Georgia to Franconia Notch.

I wanna do it again

chase