[at-l] Free Flume (N. Woodstock NH)

The Flume is really a pretty gorge, worth a gander if you have time. And if
you don't want to pay the $7 admission fee you don't have to. You can sneak
in from the bike trail where it comes within a few yards of the park trail,
about halfway between the AT crossing and the visitor center.

I discovered this (after paying) when doing a section hike in August for 181
miles from Franconia Notch to Stratton ME. Met many thru hikers, north and
southbound.

Enjoyed Daniel's posts from the Whites. My weather was the world's best atop
Washington. 65 degrees and less than 5 mph wind. I couldn't believe it. Glad
he saw a Spruce Grouse. I saw two, one atop North Crocker and the other atop
South Crocker.

In Andover most hikers are flocking to the Andover Inn, but I found great
hospitality at the Pine Ellis B&B, even took a slackpack farom them between
East B Hill Road and the next one northbound (South Arm, I believe)

Hats off to all the great trail maintainers in the region. To those who have
not done this section, let me tell you it's twice as hard as the mountains
in MA and VT. I had to scale back my expectations, but Hey, I'm out to have
fun.

My trail name is POET. You may see my doggerel  in the registers.