Re: [at-l] (fwd by Milt) viable 4 night/4 day backpack section-hike in Maine

In a message dated 98-07-31 10:26:52 EDT, milt@saffron.hack.net writes:
<< Hello AT Trail Lovers,
 <I ...need to plan a 4 day, 4 night backpack trip covering some section of
the AT in
 <Maine (ruff luck, huh :-)  Context is : end of August; rental car to reach
trail
 <from airport and return to airport...
 <Can, would, you recommend a section that would fit the bill?
---> Head to Shaw's get shuttled up north, hike south, meet Northbounders!
---> You might need to add a day, or two. For weather considerations, ect.
 <Of chief concern to me, are:
 <1) From the viewpoint of RandMcNally...
---> You're in Maine. RandMcNally is void: pick up the
---> Maine Gazzetteer by Delorme
 <2)  I'm guessing that it will be difficult to find a service to shuttle...
---> See above :o)
 <3) I want to see meese (or is it simply "moose"?  mooses?)
---> It's Mooses. If the trail's full of moose chit, check the nearby pond.
---> Best times are morning, noon, or evening.
---> Mooses eat three times a day. No, really!
---> Happy landings to you, too, Jonathan!
TJ