[at-l] Fw: Last night

Felix, Grand Exalted Master of Understatement, wrote:

>>Watched Speleo's slide show from his '95 hike, went a
>>couple of rounds with Rosie in the garage, then took turns
>shooting
>>people's porch lights out. All in all, it was a real good time.

Speleos' show was great. Set to music, excellent photography,
lots of flower pictures from when Mummyfoot was on the Trail,
lots of snake pictures after she left. Speleo said he might be
coming to the gathering, if he does he's gonna try and show his
slides. Two Thumbs Up, not a long show, elegantly composed, Felix
asked for a copy to use as *his* show for when he's done hiking
(he'll have to reverse all the slides, though).
Rosie showed us a copy of the survey for the WATL book. Or was
that an IRS form? Seriously, if she gets a good response from you
lady (and womyn) hikers out there, it looks like you'll be
helping to provide what could be a valuable resource for the
better sex who are new to hiking... She's putting a lot of work
into it, I'm sure she'd appreciate the help. Tonto (Miss Felix)
may be able to finish filling out her form before they leave, but
then she'll have to do it all over again in a few months, so
consider yourselves lucky, getting by on half the work...<g>

It seems that Felix, Tonto, and Stoat are getting fairly well set
for their start. Felix is working on his Hiker Smell already. He
neglected to mention a thing or two...

1) Rosie may be short, but she's *fast* - Felix was heavily
favored before the first round, but after the first round, a
quick check with my bookie showed that Rosies' speed, along with
that wicked left hook of hers, had shown the odds-makers in Vegas
that it would be a much closer contest than they had thought
previously. The titans battled, it was a slugfest, and things
were beginning to look grim for.... <Mummyfoot tossed Apple Pie
into the ring> ...suddenly, in a suprise move, Felix and Rosie
battle as allies, attempting to turn back the hoards swarming
towards the pie... Unsuccessfully <VBPieFilledG>!

2)Felix shot out the porch light, but he was aiming at the
picture window. Folks, if you see him on the Trail with a gun in
hand, Run, don't walk, to a spot *directly* in front of him.
Safest place to be, from what I've seen of his shootin'
abilities...

3)Highlights of the night - "Keeper" discussion (must be a WATL
thing), the "Tale of How Speleo Warded Off the Grim Reaper with
Prune Juice" (and "Mummyfoots Tale of Tribulation Shortly
Thereafter in the Wee Hours of the Morning"), comparing the
merits of 58lbpacks vs. 50lbpacks, Stoat quote - "I gotta sell my
house" (before he leaves to thru hike in three weeks), broken
toe/blister pictures, Rosie quote "Louk How Slenda I Wuz...", AT
PICTURES!!!, Apple Pie.

Kurt