[at-l] Re: Hunting & armed stupidity

> From: bullard@northnet.org
> Subject: Re: [at-l] hiking in hunting season

I asked how the hunting was and he
> replied that he had gotten off a couple of 'sound shots'. What's that, I
> asked. I heard something and shot at it he replied."

Just goes to prove, its the person that kills, not the gun.
Or should we say, Its ignorance/stupidity that kills, not guns.
Hunter stupidity ( know what and where you are shooting)
Hiker ignorance ( practice safety precautions )

Almost all the hunters I know are conscientious and would not shoot if it
was over a hill, across a road, not a clear shot, or not legal game.  Here
in PA a few years ago a man shot and killed a fellow hunter just before
daybreak because he heard a noise. The Maine story blows me away about the
young mother hanging white socks on her washline and was mistakenly shot
for a moose????? And the shooter got off, as was reported here,  because
the victim should have known better than to hang socks on the washline in
hunting season.  duh?
I always thought how easy it would be to get rid of someone you
dislike...just get them to go hunting with you then shoot them in the back
and tell the police, "I thought he was deer" and then you get off with a
game lands punishmnent, "NO MORE HUNTING FOR YOU IN PA."  You just got away
with murder.  But then the way the courts are, people are getting away with
murder everyday, its just easier to get through the system using the
hunting ruse.
SLIM and I'm not against hunting,  I'm against armed stupidity.

http://www.hack.net/lists *