Re: [at-l] hiking in hunting season

My thoughts:

>..clip.. The bad hunters here are just pig stupid and scatter-
>brained. I've heard stories (told to me first hand with boastful
>pride) that'd scare many of you off the trail during gun season.

Think about this one told to me by a friend: "I was asked by a relative who
runs a gas station/convenience store in the mountains to tend his store for
a couple of days so he could go away. Across from the store are woods. A
guy wanders out of the woods all duded up in a new hunting outfit looking
puzzled. He came to the store and after some buying a soda admitted he had
no idea where he was. He told me where he left his car and I told him how
to get back to it. To make small talk I asked how the hunting was and he
replied that he had gotten off a couple of 'sound shots'. What's that, I
asked. I heard something and shot at it he replied."

>some people are overly fearful of hunting season because of an
>anti-gun bias that exists among certain groups...

I'm not afraid of guns or against them. I'm afraid of stupid clods with
guns. I am against letting stupid clods have guns. There is a disconcerting
number of them out there in hunting season so I try not to hike where
hunters will be.

Saunterer

Jim & Diane Bullard
PO Box 5, West Stockholm, NY 13696 USA