Re: [at-l] hiking in hunting season

Jim Owen wrote:

>              Small game season, black powder and bow seasons don't
> bother me much - those are short range weapons and we make lots of
> noise.

Hunters during black powder season may be more careful with
placing their shots, but their weapons are anything but short
range. A bullet from a muzzle-loading rifle will penetrate
the forest about as much as any reasonable choice of modern
cartridge for hunting deer in the forest (i.e. not .308 ball).

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->