[at-l] Fw: soda can stove & URL

Interesting alternative here, folks. Super light - made this stove and a pot
support/windscreen out of a coffee can, weight less than 2 ozs, took all of
ten minutes while I talked on the phone. Performance test (boiling a full
quart of water) was suprisingly good. Within one minute of ignition, stove
is burning blue flame with just a yellow tip. Water began to have bubbles on
bottom of pan within 5 mins, light boil at 15 mins, rolling by 20. I used
denatured alcohol, and substituted pink fiberglass insulation for the
Perlite recommended on the site (also substituted beer cans for soda ones -
more fun that way<g>). Have heard that vermiculite and cotton work for this
application as well, and that this will burn Isopropyl, tho' maybe with
slightly diminished results.
Worth trying - here's the can stove url      www.uvol.com/scouts/.html

Walk Smartly -
Kurt
"In wildness is the preservation of the world" - Thoreau