Re: [at-l] Re: ATML pack weight/body weight

Perseph987@aol.com wrote:

> Men usually weigh more than women, so for a man to carry 1/4 of his body
> weight might be a lot of weight, but I recently read something that suggested
> carrying no more than 20% of your body  weight, and i was wondering how anyone
> under 150 Lbs. could manage that and still have a tent and food...
> But then, maybe I'm just looking at really heavy stuff...

The best thing you can do is to get your tent/sleeping bag/backpack
combined weight to 10# or less. Right now, mine is slightly heavier than
this, but I may buy a new tent to remedy the situation. I have brought
my weight down by taking things out of the pack that I don't use with
frequency... ie. if i don't use it more than once, i would ditch it. I'm
hoping my pack will weight no more than 25-30# at springer next year,
but we'll see (i weigh in at about 115#).

--
Diana..raven GA->ME99..gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~raven