[at-l] Chic-Choc Mtns

Hi All

The Question was asked about hiking in eastern Canada.  I have done a Fair
amount of backcountry ski touring (winter hiking on skiis) on the Gaspesie in
the Chic Choc Mountains. There are many hiking trails and the several
mountains above tree line and lots of lakes. The two major drawbacks are
distance (an eleven hour drive from Stowe Vt) and communication (unless you
speak French). For you northeast peak bagger Mt. Jacques-Cartier is a 4000
footer in the northeastern part of this continent and the proposed terminus of
the IAT.  The region is a great place and the people are friendly. If you go
there I recommend spending one night at the Gite du Mont-Albert.

Sepaq is the governmental agency for all outdoor recreation in that region.
Try their weg site       www.sepaq.com

Boy did we get a lot of rain this weekend.

Play nice and don't hurt each other.

The Old RidgeRunner
Moscow Vt