[at-l] Eureka Tents

Wildbill said:

All Eureka Backpacking tents are over 5 lbs. They do have some SOLO
tents the lightest was 2 lbs 8 oz.

 <A HREF="http://www.jwa.com/camping/eureka/tents/tents.html">Eureka Tents</A>

Wildbill

QPQ replied:

I hate to correct Wildbill on a world wide web thing.  *grin*  But
Eureka does make a "performance backpacking tent", the Eureka
Timberlite, which reportedly weighs 4 pounds and nine ounces.
Details about it can be found at:

http://www.jwa.com/camping/eureka/tents/performance/timberlite.html

I used mine probably 80-90 percent of the nights during my thru
hike.  It was beat to hell by the end, but that's heavy use.
Tight squeeze for two people but very roomy for one, including
gear.  It has a vestibule which boosts its weight (and which I
didn't bring).  I recommend the tent.  It's free standing, 3 season
plus, and a good compromise between weight and roominess.  I'm six
foot and my primary partner was 6'3". We shared the tent during some
tough weather when he didn't want to use his tarp.  It's listed on
the web site at $180, but I've seen it on sale sometimes for $150
or less.

Quid Pro Quo