Re: [at-l] Rules about blazing a trail

---DaRedhead@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is legal to blaze a trail on National Forest
> property?

Well if you're ONLY worried about getting in trouble for blazing a trail,
there is also the option of using surveyors tape - less permanent, and you
probably won't have too many people mistaking it for a trail and knocking
on your back door when they're lost. For this reason, and many others
(legal, environmental, erosion, etc.), I don't know how good of an idea
blazing your own trail would be.

You could always get together with the local officials and see what they
think of another access trail that would be closer to your house.

---------

As I re-read this I see that Paddler has beaten me to the punch, so I'll
refer you to his post with a big "YEAH, what he said!"

-Chris Casciano
christopher.casciano@prudential.com
http://www.rit.edu/~cac6982/
http://www.*(#$*(^@.($#/ <-- Hike NJ...just have to install the smoke