Re: [at-l] Snakes

>Yikes! Loved the story about the snake. Have slept in Siler's Bald
>Shelter more than once.  In fact, it was my worst experience with a >mouse.
I was told once that if you trap mice live and take them out to the woods,
you should drop them off at least two miles away or they will find their
way back to your house. My experience supports that story. I once trapped
the same mouse (no, they don't all look alike) 3 times. The third time I
used the 2 mile rule to 'relocate' him/her (I didn't look that close) and
it stayed away. This is all a prelude to a question. How far away would you
have to take a snake to have it stay away? Anyone know?

Saunterer

Jim & Diane Bullard
PO Box 5, West Stockholm, NY 13696 USA