Re: [at-l] Trip report/seen the "light"

In a message dated 98-06-15 17:44:18 EDT, thornel@ibm.net writes:

<< No you did not wimp out! You had a learning experience, and you allowed
 yourself to tell the world in a trail report. You also braved the challenge
of
 a pack list! For such bravery under fire, I won't ask you about the shower!

 Bill Thorneloe
 Atlanta, GA

 BTW, would your next pack look a lot like a pocketbook? <g>

Thanks for the great words of encouragement.  And there will be no more talk
of showers, lol.  And I actually think my pack may be slightly bigger than a
day pack...but not much.

I haven't done the math, but my impression (looking at gear with a whole new
eye to 'light') is that for every ounce you save on weight, you can add $10 to
the price.  So now I have to change my projected budget. (and get more advice
from Kahley on cheap gear. )

Patty
Ga > Me 00