Re: [at-l] Final Packed List

Richard Howard wrote:
> Me -
> Sleeping Pad - Full Size Thermarest

Eventually, you may find that a "3/4" length Thermarest is
sufficient in the summer.  I bought a full length, and then
a few months later I got a free 3/4 length (came with the
sleeping bag).  The short one is fine in the summer -- you
don't generally need your feet padded.  In the winter it
changes: the last 2 feet insulate, well, your two feet.

> Candles:
> me: "Why?"
> Her: "Romance"

I will "complement" the lightweight thru-hikers (I'm a weekender
/wimp myself) and say "Go for it" with a small amendment: get
a candle lantern ($15).  It will greatly reduce the flaming
tent danger, and is enough to read by at night.  One candle
is good for about 9 hours light.

> Whistle (she thinks I'm always lost)

Yes.  Not that you're always lost, but that the 1/2 ounce
is an excellent insurance.

					-Tom Williams