Re: [at-l] Hints/help for cleaning up after the fact

I have a free standing tent so I put it up in the garage to dry out and
air out. Also I made an old fashion clothes line in the garage that I can
hang all sorts of stuff on. I made two lines that run parallel down the
middle of the garage, they are maybe 28 feet long and run about 2 feet
apart. The two lines let me hang tent flies,  tarps and ponchos and such
so they dry on  both sides at once. Once my tent is dry on top, I can lay
it on its side so the bottom can dry.

BTW, the clothes line rolls up and hangs on the end wall when not in use.
I got one of the holders used for electric extension cords to roll it on.
I tied some hooks to the end that attach to nails on the far end. I
figure the whole deal costs less than $4.

When I come in from a hike, I unload everything in the garage. The tent
and clothes line stuff goes up right there. Next I carry my aromatic
clothes to the washer that sits right by the back door. The sink is the
next stop where all the cooking stuff and water bottles get cleaned up. I
keep all my gear in a closet up stairs. I think the more controlled
atmosphere of a bedroom protects better than the garage because there is
less temperature change, less dust and humidity.

I have to take my sleeping bag to the laundry where I use those big heavy
duty washers. I hang the sleeping bags in the closet using a large
plastic suit hanger. So far the sleeping bag is holding up well being
kept on a hanger in between hikes.

If my stuff is really muddy. I wash it down with a hose then bring it
into the garage. So far I haven't had any mildew problems.   Hopeful