Re: [at-l] Hints/help for cleaning up after the fact

Alice Kauzlarich wrote:

> Here's something no one talks much about, but section hikers like myself
> will appreciate the discussion.
>
> What are some hints for cleaning up after hiking? I mean you''ve got water
> filters,
Air dry to make sure it is free of moisture.
bottles/bladders,
Dish wash what you can hand wash all else make sure it is completely dry

sleeping bags,
Put through dryer for as long as necessary to make sure it is absolutely
dry.  Pack away in big bag till next hike.
tents,
Set up tent in Living room or basement or outside on sunny day.  Let dry
completly - repack.
 etc. It all gets dirty and
> you can't just throw it all in a corner and watch it mildew.  Some of us
> might go hiking overnight again in a week or two, and for some it will be
> several months. Mildew can pop up real quick, ya know.
Not if everything is dry.

> So.....hints and helps PLEASE!

Taking care of  your equipment is time comsuming and annoying but
necessary to any future hiking ..

Barbara