Re: [at-l] Stoves

In a message dated 98-06-11 21:24:15 EDT, rich_howard@yahoo.com writes:

>  own a Shaker Jet and have used it once.  I can adjust the flame just
>  fine, it's light and it costs 1/2 of the Dragonfly.  From what I
>  understand, the dragonfly's appeal is that it will burn everything
>  under the sun:  White Gas, Unleaded, Jet Fuel (yes, I said Jet Fuel)
>  and even Diesel.  I heartily reccommend the shaker jet.
Flame me as you will (like I could stop it?? LOL) but I say - go for the few
extra ounces, take my Peak 1  with you.  None of those MSR "whatevers" come
close to the stability, the quickness of boiling, or the reliability.  In 7
years I had one problem (uh, it failed at Trail Days, causing us to never find
coffee lol) but the outfitters fixed it quick (for free) and it's still going
strong.  I would sacrifice a shower for this stove LOL

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00