Re: [at-l] My Hiking List - Submitted for your pleasure!

Richard, I didn't see any pack covers?
or do you use umbre...parasols.
I'm a firm believer in_each_person having a flashlite.
Dishrag  ***nope..use 1/4 scrubby
Sponge  **nope...harbors germs cause it never dries
	use a bandana
What is a cook kit and what Utensils
I have a pot and a lid...wt. 10oz
and a lexan spoon  wt. 1 oz..maybe

Of course we won't talk about my hot dog fork with
the wooden handle  <<G>>

If you really want your pack tuckerized, (critiqued)
you have to post a really detailed list.
I mean, you say 'clothes'.
That could mean an extra pair of socks or half a
closet.  It's a lot of work, but that's how I reduced
my cool weather pack weight from 45lbs or so to 33lbs.
And my summer weight can go to 28lbs_with_food and water.
My knees love me <<G>>.
If you really get into being an ounce weenie, (some one
who seeks to minimize the weight of the basics) you
buy yourself a scale of some sort and weigh_every_thing
you put in your pack.  Then post that here.
It's like waving a red flag at a bull.  The tuckerizers
just can't resist...<<g>>.

BTW...how much does your packed pack weigh?? <g>
Just curious cause your list looks alot like my
'before' list <<G>>    L ATer