RE: [at-l] Another gear question (we are on a roll ;))

I picked up some Duofold (pants, sweatshirt) two years ago and used on my
first backpacking trip. It's warm, but weighs far too much. The main
advantage to the stuff is day hiking in mosquito country: they can't push
their little snouts through the 2 layers of fabric to get at you! I was in
heaven in Ontario in the summer wearing it, while hubby was suffering in
his jeans and t's.

I've found capilene top layer to be comfy, super warm, even to wear while
hiking in lieu of a jacket on top. The capeline long undies seem to weigh
less than duofold and pack smaller.

Now, if I could just get out and practice some more of what I preach!
Cheers, Sandy (dreaming of trails after helping restore a state park trail
this weekend)

GA->ME 2001  Visit my chunk of the outdoors:
http://www.nb.net/~downs/downsou.htm