[at-l] at-l -- a raison d'etre for having moderated lists?

The recent postings to this at-l list may be meeting the needs of the
posters to ventilate their feelings in this forum, but it takes too much
time for me to repeatedly hit the delete button and too much shifting
through what appears to be chaff in order to fine a few germs of
sustenance or to try; to contribute constructively.  There must be
something rewarding here to those who participate, but I have increasing
found too little real exchange on hiking issues of substance (from my
viewpoint).

To those of you whose past postings contributed to my knowledge and
resources for extended AT hiking, my thanks.  For those who may be even
more self-absorbed than elements of mainstream civilization from which we
turn to the AT for respite, my sympathies.  Life is truly a journey in
which we must all find our own way.

Every path through life has its own value -- this at-l cyberspace path is
no exception -- but for me its time to unsubscribe.

Goodbye, and bless us all, each and everyone.

---terry---