Re: [at-l] Mt bikers, horses, etc

erosion by the bike is no more than a hiker, my bike weighs less than my  week
long pack... a bike moves over the ground with less friction, although the
weight of a bike is more focused it doesn't stay in one spot long enough to
have any more impact than a boot... where a bike can be damaging is in wet
spots, but then so are boots...  regular maintenance takes care of that
though.... i do think the a.t. should be without bikes, the different groups
don't mix well... as a mtn biker i can tell you, even when riding very
responsibly it would be easy to come plow into a hiker, and i hate to startle
hikers the way i do... and horses scare me cause they react so unpredictably
to a bike... plus when i hike i like to feel safe from both other groups

but i feel like i'm talking to that vandeman guy (biggest anti-mtn biker troll
on earth)