Re: Re: [at-l] eyewear

In a message dated 6/2/98, 12:14:14 PM, eva_s@vsprague.com writes:
<< If so, is there a particular kind/brand that
works better than others? >>

I second this question :)  I will be wearing contacts, by the way.  I've
always worn regular old daily wear contact lenses, never a problem.  The one
time I took my glasses, I got so frustrated with them (getting wet, falling
off when I bent over, etc.) that I ended up putting them in my pack and not
taking them out again until I got back to my car.  I am not totally blind
without them - but I can't see the colors and detail as well, so I was very
frustrated.  On my longer trips I take a backup pair of contacts just in case.
Renu multi purpose can be used for rinsing and storing, I take a little tiny
unbreakable lightweight mirror with me, so putting them in/taking them out has
never been a problem (although one of the guys I hike with also always takes
daily wear and doesn't even bother with a mirror)  And as for cleanliness of
my hands - to be honest, this was never a problem.  I mean, after dinner
(taking them out) and after breakfast (putting them on) I just cleaned my
hands before doing it.  I may try the disposables - I'll let you know how it
turns out.  But I say - if you normally wear contact lenses, you won't be
happy wearing glasses, especially on the Trail.

The Redhead
Ga > Me  00