Re: [at-l] eyewear

At 12:22 PM 6/2/98 PDT, Ern Grover wrote:
>Not being dependent on prescription eyewear (which means I'm likely over
>the hill and now farsighted), I do wear tinted eyewear to prevent UV
>damage.
>
>Any comments on the UV issue?
>
>"Time-Maker" - Ern Grover
>www.tick-tock.com

Oh... I should have mentioned this in my earlier post.  You can get
untinted glasses with a UV blocking coating.  I did, so my regular "clear"
glasses block the same near 100% of UVA and UVB that my sunglasses do.

Also, the "Accuflex with FLEXON" wire rim frames are extremely light and
nearly unbreakable.  These are some sort of titanium alloy that you can
literally tie in a knot without damaging the frame.

Also, I always have some kind of brimmed hat with me.  My current favorite
is the "River Rhat".  It is a baseball style hat with a removable "cape"
that covers the neck.  It has mesh sides and some reflective foil in the
top.  Most importantly, though, it has a very long stiffened bill that does
a good job of keeping the rain off my glasses.

-- Jim