Re: [at-l] Netiquette

To Quid Pro Quo

If you let one person's responses keep you from posting to this list
then that is a sad day for you, for me, and for the list.

>Life is a lesson.  An email mailing list is clearly an imperfect
>medium for communication.  I've learned from Mr. Clines that it's
>more enjoyable for me to lurk on this list than to enter dialogue
>on real issues.  I look forward to reading trail reports and gear
>talk.
>
>Quid Pro Quo
>GA>ME '96

I think it's not good netiquett to post snips from private emails, If the
person wanted them to the whole list they would have posted that way.
Still, once you send it, who knows where it will end up!  SInce we can't
have faith in everyone's netiqiette, we shouldn't be surprized if we see
our private emails on the list.  So please post, and if you don't like
something posted, either
go ahead and say so, or just let it go.

I feel like I've been doing a lot of letting go lately, seems some folks
need to get in the last post so to speak, until finally the original opinion
seems to get lost in the flood of snippets.  I have also lately started
deleting messages before reading, based sometimes on the topic and even on
who they come from.  Sad, but effective in keeping my sanity.

I'm on this list for FUN, because I ENJOY IT.  I've enjoyed it for a long time
and I will continue to do so.  And if I get private emails from people that
don't like what I post, I can delete those too!  I am also capable of
admitting when I am wrong and being sorry if I have offended anyone.

So please come back and post some more!  Everyone's opinions are welcome,
regardless of what you may hear from individuals.

Talk amongst yourselves....

Sharon

ps.. I miss the trip reports too.

Sharon Sharpe