[at-l] Re: Hiking the Long Trail

** This message was posted to AT-L from the AT-L/PCT-L/IAT-L website
** by our guest Mike Mandelowitz <paradise@ncia.net>
** Please use the address <paradise@ncia.net> to reply to the sender.

Hello from Easy Step Gorham, NH Thru hiked A.T. l995/6 and attempting to finish the Long trail as soon as trail conditions permit.

In reference to trail conditions for the Long Trail the following is provided and accurate as of l0 days ago:

   a.  Sherburne Pass to Appalachian Gap experienced massive frost damage to the extent that the trail is officially closed per Green Mountain Club.  Two Shelters were severely damaged and will have to be rebuilt in this section.

   b.  I stopped by the Green Mountain Club in Waterbury Center, Vt  on my way to  the Adirondack and was told that the trail should be all cleared by the 4th of July.

   c.  A short hike North of route l7 at Appalachian Gap resembled what could only be described as a trail that was hit with a bomb.  Blow-downs to numerous to count and in many places it was difficult to even find the trail.

Anybody needing any further information should contact the Green Mountain Club at (802) 244-7037 open 7 days a week from 9:00 am - 5:pm
or drop me an e-mail Easy Step/Gorham, NH