[at-l] No Fear

Hiker friends,
How can anyone enjoy life if they live in fear?
My hubby and I hike the AT together but I also hike the area near
here by myself when he can't or doesn't want to go.  I camp in
the woods alone, so cool.......
I absolutely avoid shelters as most attacks have been at shelter
sites, established campsites or road crossings.
I discreetly camp as far off the trail as possible out of sight and
do not make a fire.  And it is so enjoyable to sit and read a book
or watch the birds or study nature and later open the dome and
fall asleep looking at the stars.. ah-h-h-h-h-h-h-h!
News reports have us all a little paranoid and some
of it is warranted.  But evil people are everywhere, the bank,
federal buildings, McDonald's, the mall, the AT.  I'd rather be dead
than to allow evil-doers, or my fear of them, to keep me from being
where I enjoy life most...the woods. If we give up and stay indoors so
we cannot be victimized then we've lost our freedom to the criminals.
I, unequivocably, WILL NOT give them my freedom.
I say, as Patrick Henry said: "Give me liberty or give me death"
interpreted by Slim to mean ...."Give me the outdoors and give me life".
p.s. Or use lethal weapon #2: Take one Felix, tie to a tree with rope,
and feed black beans.
Love to all, SLIM