Re: [at-l] re: Lightweight flashlight?

At 09:30 AM 5/1/98 -0700, Michael Henderson sent these words of wisdom:
<snip>
>if you're looking for light weight, try those little diode flashlights that
>keep popping up on this list.  i've seen 'em, and they look good.  who here
>has firsthand experience?  raven?

	Actually, *I* do!  ;-)
	I've used one while flying Cessnas at night.  The one I have uses two AAA
batteries and has both a regular bulb and a green LED.  It's surprising how
well you can see at night with just the LED on.
	It's fairly light, too, but I don't have the exact spec right now.

	Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB
Clovis, NM
mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Commercial Pilot
Airplane, Single Engine Land
Instrument Airplane
Private Privileges, Airplane Single Engine Sea