Re: [at-l] Cell phones and wilderness

At 02:16 PM 4/20/98 -0400, Tim Hewitt wrote:
>The Motorola project, originally called Iridium

	Perhaps a little off-topic, but have ya'll realized just how easy it is to
SEE the Iridium satellites with the naked eye?  The have absolutely
TREMENDOUS flares from time to time, reaching as high as magnitude -8!
	If ya'll are interested, drop me a line and I'll give you what information
I have.

	Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Lead trombone for Bill Case & the Velvetones (big band)
Clovis, NM
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Pi Chi '76  (That was Texas A&I University.)