Re: [at-l] Oh Bother!

At 10:23 PM 4/20/98 EDT, WH HAWKINS wrote:

>=A0=A0=A0All winds, from gentle breezes to raging hurricanes, are caused by
>differences in the temperature of the atmosphere, by rotation of the Earth,
>and by unequal heating of the continents and the oceans.=20

But what are the differences in temperature and why do they cause this
elusive thing called "wind"?  Do two pockets of air that are different temps
collide?  What does the rotation of the Earth have to do with it? =20

This is a good start, but I'm really curious.  I want the nitty gritty on
how this works! =20

A curious Pooh. :)

---
Be the best you can be in the place that you are and be kind.
Kind to yourself,
Kind to others,
and Kind to the land.=20

	* Helen Neering