Re: [at-l] "The Long Walk," by Slavomir Rawicz

Actually, Blisterfree, I read the 1956 version.  I read over on amazon.com
that there was a 1997 version.  I wonder what happened to Slavomir during
the rest of his life?  After all, (more or less) immediately after being
rescued he returned (volunteered) to the Polish Army to fight the Germans.
Fighting the Germans may not have been as harrowing as his long walk, but
still, its a pretty amazing decision.  I think I would have sat out the
remainder of the war and moved to the U.S.