[at-l] re: Bones

felix wrote:

>>>   She logged 1700+
AT miles last year. She knows All the Way Bob. (His name and JipC were
the only two from last year that I could come up with in my Goatless
stupor) So, does anyone else know "Bones" from '97?    <<<

yes!  i had the pleasure of hiking with Bones and Kadiddle on and off from
laurel gorge to damamscus last year before trail days.  raven,
snail-no-more, waterboy, all from at-l, and i spent a fun evening with them
and others at double springs shelter.  the next day, we happened upon them
taking a pre-lunch break somewhere before abingdon gap.  they were
complaining about pack weight.  we told them the story of gypsy and tuck.
they said "cool, please help us tuckerize our packs!"  so there we were, in
the middle of the trail, pack contents spewed everywhere.  friar tuck would
have been disappointed in us, they weren't about to go ultralight, but we
did save them a few pounds, i think - after damascus, that is (they didn't
just leave it in the trail!).

i know she had knee and foot problems, i guess they caught up to her after
1700 miles.  looks like there'll be a regular convoy from indiana to trail
days, felix...

(BTW, planning to use that goat as a pack animal on the pct?)...

mike
ke kaahawe   AT92 TYT94 PCTsoon
mikeh@royalrobbins.com