[at-l] springtime in Maine?

Alright now all ye folks up there, just wondering how that spring thaw I
ordered is coming along?  Mid May is drawing near and Katahdin must be
climbed so that I can plow ahead into that 100 mile wilderness....  Anyon=
been out to Baxter recently?  Should I be adding crampons to my purchase
list when I pop into Campmor on my way to the Smith's for Easter Dinner
(sorry that I'll be missing the Felix the Cat feast -sounds like quiet th=
meal).  Is a chainsaw necessary equipment?

We broke 70 today here on the shores of CT - so my hopes are up!  But I'm=

really counting on those of you there in ME to produce just enough of a
thaw that Baxter Rangers will permit me passage through their turf.  But
not so much that those black flies come to life now...

Keep me posted!

Steph
ME>GA 98

PS.  By the way, delivery is needed between 5/15 - 5/18!  : )