Re: [at-l] springtime in Maine?

As a Mainiac, I can advise you that the southern part of the state has only
a trace of white, and lots of sloppy brown.  Further north, so I've been
told, there is still plenty of ground cover in them thar hills, but it's
breaking up.  I will post a "black fly - no see 'em" warning to all when it
happens.  That's likely to be in about 3 weeks.  The trees haven't even
sprouted yet.  All I know, when the black flies hit home, it's time, just
enought time, to enjoy Gulf Hagas for about a week in the higher
elevations.  The poor moose and deer stand in the roadways at night to
escape the torture of those meat eaters.

You can still walk on water in most of the northern lakes, but ice is
definitely out in the southern part of the state.  Crampons, good
advisement, because there is a lot of ice.  Blowdowns, ja sure!

Ern Grover "Time-Maker"
Father & Son Clockworks
Web: http://www.tick-tock.com
Mail: ern@tick-tock.com
ICQ 922536 / AOL MaineMan47
26 Webster Street, Springvale, ME  04083
207-324-8994 / Fax 207-324-1544

"Appalachian Trail Hikers, this is your hot shower, meal, and shuttle in
Maine"

----------
> From: STEPHANIE TYNDALL <sjtyndall@CompuServe.COM>
> To: at_l <at-l@saffron.hack.net>
> Cc: atml@trailplace.com
> Subject: [at-l] springtime in Maine?
> Date: Monday, March 30, 1998 6:50 PM
>
> Alright now all ye folks up there, just wondering how that spring thaw I
> ordered is coming along?  Mid May is drawing near and Katahdin must be
> climbed so that I can plow ahead into that 100 mile wilderness....
Anyone

http://www.hack.net/lists *