[at-l] Re: Redhead, et al - Hoosier Hikers> Yes, we are.

Headred wrote:-)

>You know, it never occurred to me that people in other countries would be
>interested in the AT.  It amazed me that people in INDIANA (not to mention
>names <g>) would go so far out of their way to hike it.

Exsqueeze me? I resemble that remark... The Hoosier State has many fine
indivictuals on this list - there's the green ghost, and Hawkeye, and Felix
(when he's on this planet, and not one of his own creation), to name just
three of our illustrious members who contribute quite frequently to this
august panel. We even have Trails here - there's all glorious 58 miles of
the Knobstone, (which I hope to thru-hike in a grueling 3 month ordeal this
summer {of course, I may run it it only two and a half weeks, if someone
doesn't get those durned dogs roped and penned soon... Ahem <cough,
cough>}), as well as a number of others in various National and State
forests. I am still seeking sponsorship - I have not yet found a source for
the oxygen I will no doubt be needing as I summit some of the eight-to-nine
hundred foot peaks which the Knobstone Trail traverses. Any and all help
would be appreciated in this matter. But, I digress... You find AT hikers in
some very odd places, Indiana not excepted, and sometimes you just find AT
hikers odd, even. :-)

Kurt