Re: [at-l] Smushed by hosses!

charliethorpe@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< They were unanimous in assuring me that the party line (downhill)
 was correct.  I have since talked to BLM, Forest Service, and Park Service
 folks who do horses in their areas...they agreed that downhill works the
 best most of the time. >>

Enlightening discussion thus far,  but I have yet to read a compelling reason
WHY downhill works the best.  If we as backpackers could understand that,
then we could act accordingly.  We backpackers tend to be opinionated and
independent types,  but give us reasons rather than rules (as you are doing
brillianly in the LNT posts) and we adjust our habits.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear